Basic Pistol/Revolver Marksmanship
• 3 hour class (sometimes we will run over by 15-20 minutes depending on the level of training and needs of students)
• About 1.5 hrs of classroom time; 1.5 hours of range time
• If you come with your own gun(s), be sure to stop at the tables in the entry area to have the guns checked for being unloaded.
• If you have not previously shot at The Gun Range, please complete and sign the waiver that you will find on clipboards at the counter. As well, read the rules and sign in the small binder on the counter.
• Once guns are cleared and waivers signed, please come to the classroom.
• Students can bring their own handguns (revolvers or semi-automatics)
• Students may rent from The Gun Range (this will be done during a break)
• 50 rounds of ammunition (ammunition will be stored in an office adjacent to the classroom)
• Eye/ear protection
The range fee is included with the price of the class. Please bring your own firearm or you can rent one here at the range. Ammo is available for purchase as well.
Michael Kennedy - Lead Instructor
Michael is a much sought-after, experienced trainer with a relaxed, practical and enjoyable teaching style. You won't find any 'tough guy' Rambo-style attitude here.
Michael is a Certified Training Counselor with the United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA), a certified instructor with the National Rifle Association (NRA), and is a certified California DOJ Instructor.
He holds certifications for the:
USCCA Basic Pistol
NRA First Steps program
NRA Basic Pistol
NRA Personal Protection in the Home
NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home.
What sets Michael apart from so many instructors is his personal commitment to further his own training. Michael takes his development seriously and is a competitive pistol shooter who actively participates in both local and regional IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) matches.
He also believes in developing the 'craft' of firearms skills and marksmanship and holds current certifications in many advanced pistol classes, advanced tactical shotgun classes, and advanced carbine classes.
Michael offers classes for all levels, including courses for: