Basic Pistol/Revolver Marksmanship
• 3 hour class (sometimes we will run over by 15-20 minutes depending on the level of training and needs of students)
• About 1.5 hrs of classroom time; 1.5 hours of range time
• If you come with your own gun(s), be sure to stop at the tables in the entry area to have the guns checked for being unloaded.
• If you have not previously shot at The Gun Range, please complete and sign the waiver that you will find on clipboards at the counter. As well, read the rules and sign in the small binder on the counter.
• Once guns are cleared and waivers signed, please come to the classroom.
• Students can bring their own handguns (revolvers or semi-automatics)
• Students may rent from The Gun Range (this will be done during a break)
• 50 rounds of ammunition (ammunition will be stored in an office adjacent to the classroom)
• Eye/ear protection
The range fee is included with the price of the class. Please bring your own firearm or you can rent one here at the range. Ammo is available for purchase as well.
Pia Boling - Instructor
I truly believe that knowledge is power. Before I was introduced to firearms, I had an unreasonable fear of them. My knowledge of firearms, at the time, was non-existent until my step dad taught me how to shoot. Ever since then, I have made it my goal to learn as much as I can. After many years of shooting, I decided to bring the knowledge I've obtain to others.
I am now a co-leader for The Well Armed Woman - Sacramento Chapter and an NRA Certified instructor and Chief Range Safety Officer. I provide basic pistol & marksmanship classes, 1 on 1 instruction, and private group classes. It is my goal to help new and experienced shooters feel more confident in themselves to continue in their training as as they gain the knowledge and the skills to become a safe and responsible gun owner.