Frequently Asked Questions
The Gun Range Instructor’s Course of Fire
Course of fire. Each individual shall discharge 50 rounds according to the following schedule: (All stages are unsupported.)
- Stage 1 – from 15 yards, in a standing position, draw and fire 6 rounds in 30 seconds
- Stage 2 – from 7 yards, draw and fire 14 rounds in 45 seconds
- Starting from a standing position draw and fire 6 rounds and reload
- Then, moving immediately to a kneeling position, fire 6 rounds, reload and fire 2 more rounds
- Stage 3 – from 7 yards, standing position, draw and fire 6 rounds in 10 seconds
- Stage 4 – from 7 yards, standing position, draw and fire 6 rounds with strong hand only, reload, switch hands to support hand and fire 6 more rounds in 25 seconds
- Stage 5 – from 5 yards, standing position, draw and fire 3 rounds in 4 second. Repeat 1x for a total of 6 rounds (2 separate stages)
- Stage 6 – from 3 yards, standing position, draw and fire 2 rounds in 3 seconds. Repeat 2x for a total of 6 rounds (3 separate stages)
Scoring. The course of 50 rounds discharged shall be used for scoring.
- Silhouette targets shall be used. A 5 point score shall be granted for each round discharged inside of the seven (7) ring (center mass).
- Each individual shall qualify with an 80% score (200 out of 250 points) on the scoring segment.